Nero Nguyen graduated from the University of Maryland with an MBA and a Master in Finance. He has finished all three levels of the CFA program. He’s been trading equities and options in the stock market for over 10 years. He is also a contributed to articles on SeekingAlpha and advocates a hybrid active-passive investing approach utilizing a Core-Satellite Portfolio.
He is striving towards financial independence and retired early by the age of 45 through his dividend growth investments. He writes for his blog in his free time.
Nero Nguyen in a nutshell
- Virginia Resident (though he’ll tell you he’s from the DC area)
- MBA and Master of Finance 2018
- Passed all three levels of the CFA Program. If he completes his required work experience, he will expect his CFA charter in 2020.
- Equity Research Analyst at the Global Equity Fund of Robert Smith’s School of Business
- Volunteer Tax Preparer with the IRS VITA Program
- Finance Tutor for undergraduate and graduate students
- SharePoint Administrator of 5 years, IT admin/developer of 10
- Virginia Tech Graduate 2008 (Yes he was there during the shooting, stop asking)
- I like to blog and build model portfolios in Excel in my free time
- Are there any other Futures/Options traders out there?
Licenses & Certifications
- Bloomberg Market Concepts, Bloomberg LP
- Passed Securities Industry Essentials (SIE)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Admin
- Microsoft Certified Professional
- Six Sigma White Belt
- Security+ CE
- Motorcycle License (Class M)
- Time Magazine’s Person of the Year (2006)